“Little Willie G. is considered to be the best singers to come out of East Los Angeles and has one of the most powerful and soulful
“Little Willie G. is considered to be the best singers to come out of East Los Angeles and has one of the most powerful and soulful voices in the music-world today.” – RollingStone Magazine
Still thrilling audiences and celebrating 60 years of making soulful music!
Little Willie G., the original voice of the legendary East L.A. group Thee Midniters, is widely regarded as the best singer to come out of the East Los Angeles area.
Little Willie G. began his professional career in 1960 as the lead vocalist with Thee Midniters, whose nucleus began at Salesian High School. Thee Midniters released four classic and now collectible albums and have the largest body of recorded music of any band from the East Los Angeles area, of that era, which are now included in the recently released box set “Thee Complete Midniters” .
An iconic and charismatic figure/singer on stage, he has drawn comparisons to the styles of Jackie Wilson and Frank Sinatra. His music with Thee Midniters is still heavily requested on radio today and the four albums they recorded are highly valued amongst record collectors.
We are pleased to present a highly anticipated performance with the Godfather of Brown Eyed Soul, Little Willie G.
Best known as the voice of East L.A.’s Thee Midniters, whose horn-heavy salsafied soul and Chicano rock has influenced generations of musicians, and earned them god-like status on Whittier Boulevard and beyond. A bona-fide L.A. treasure, Little Willie G. takes a place alongside Jim Morrison and Arthur Lee as seminal figures in the history of L.A. rock and roll, and whose voice has not lost a step in over 60 years of performance. Tonight Willie G. brings the east side to the Canyon side for an all-too-rare performance, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. Seriously folks- this one is a show for the ages. We hope to see you here!
This is a fully socially distanced event in the parking lot at Montclair Place.
November 7, 2020
Gates 5:00pm. Entertainment Begins 5:45pm. Headliner 9:00pm.
$150.00 per car – Premier Parking
$100.00 per car – General Parking
While you are here, we ask that you please follow a few simple guidelines, as mandated by the City of Montclair and State of California:
• Masks are to be worn at all times, except when you are inside your car, and not interacting with event employees. Further, “By Order of the City of Montclair, all persons entering and staying on the grounds of this business are required to wear a face-covering over their nose and mouth when outside the vehicle. Failure to comply is a misdemeanor.”
• The setting up of lawn chairs, portable chairs, blankets, or seats outside of a vehicle for use by vehicle occupants will be strictly prohibited and is a violation of gathering guidance and social distancing requirements.
• Persons from the same vehicle may be permitted to sit in the back bed of a truck or the rear cargo area of a van, SUV, or other similar vehicle for viewing; provided however that no person shall exit such areas without wearing a face covering.
• The gathering of persons not from the same vehicle is prohibited.
• Drinking of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
• Smoking of cannabis is prohibited.
• A maximum of four persons shall be permitted in each restroom at any one time, provided that social distancing can be maintained. If social distancing cannot be maintained, a maximum of two persons shall be permitted in each restroom at any one time.
CLICK FOR TICKETS
(Saturday) 5:00 pm
The Canyon – Montclair
Montclair Place5060 E Montclair Plaza, Space #2020 Montclair, CA 91764